Two injured in Blairgowrie shop fire

Paramedics treated two people who suffered burn injuries in Blairgowrie on June 15, reports the Randburg Sun.

Netcare 911 media liaison Nick Dollman explained that a small explosion or fire at a shop had caused the injuries.

“Reports from the scene allege that the victims were lighting food warmers, similar to ones used in restaurant warming trays, when one of them exploded,” he said, adding that the 35-year-old man sustained severe burns to a large portion of his body.

“He was attended to by a Netcare 911 advanced life support paramedic and burn wound protocols were followed. Analgesic medication was also administered to ease the significant pain that the victim was experiencing.

“The second patient, his young sister, had sustained burns to her hands and legs. She was in a stable condition.”

The siblings were stabilised and then transported to a nearby hospital for further care.

Caxton News Service

Read original story on randburgsun.co.za

International News

northsider_2015randburgsun_2015getit Autodealer.co.zaAdobe Photoshop PDF
Top

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

SUBSCRIBE
to our free NEWSLETTER
!
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Alex News
City Buzz
Fourways Review
Joburg East Express
Midrand Reporter
North Eastern Tribune
Northcliff Melville Times
Randburg Sun
Roodepoort Northsider
Rosebank Killarney Gazette
Sandton Chronicle


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other