Councillor’s Corner: Applying for ESP

Ward 99 councillor, Nicole van Dyk, answers this week's question.

This week, the question is: How do residents apply for the Expanded Social Package (ESP)?

Nicole van Dyk, Ward 99 concillor, answers:

People can apply at the Randburg walk-in centre. There are a few provisions in order to qualify, namely the ESP is open to anyone who is a South African citizen or at least has permanent residence.

One obviously needs to reside within the boundaries of the City of Johannesburg and have no income or earn up to R 5308.20 per month.

As it applies to pensioners, only those whose property value is less than R2 million qualify for the rates rebate. Working adults whose property is less than R450 000 also qualify for the rates rebate.

Do you have a question for a ward councillor?

Councillor’s Corner is a platform for you, our readers, to voice your concerns or questions for ward councillors to respond to.

Different, willing ward councillors will respond to a question each week.

Email your burning question to [email protected] and let’s get the ball rolling.

Chantelle Fourie
Metro Reporter

Latest News


Recommended Story x
Councillor’s Corner: Access to parks