De La Salle Holy Cross College has yet another 100 per cent matric pass rate in the bag.
The class of 2017’s success will make for the school’s 31st consecutive 100 per cent pass rate in the 31st year of the amalgamated college.
A whopping 73 out of 73 matriculants received bachelor’s degree passes. and out of the 73, 180 distinctions were attained.
The class had a 73.9 per cent grade average and the average number of distinctions was 2.5.
Headmaster Atholl Murray said he is proud of each and every matric as well as the staff at the school.
“Long may they continue to plant trees under whose shade they do not expect to sit. Praesis ut prosis [lead in order to serve],” Murray said.
- 1 distinction – 20 matriculants
- 2 distinctions – 14
- 3 distinctions – Kendra Edwards, Kimberley Kersten, Zander Prinsloo, Kierryn Richards and Nicole Theron
- 4 distinctions – Sarah Aikman, Philani Mpofu, Benjamin Newton and Jennifer O’Connor
- 5 distinctions – Cailin Connel, Stefan Ecim, Nicholas Joannou, Rebecca MacCourt and Taylin Weirich
- 6 distinctions – Natalie Duligal
- 7 distinctions – Micaela Bebington, Kieran Payne, Natalie Styane
- 8 distinctions – Declan Mahony, Nicola Parschau, Taryn Rodgers, Tarryn Te Brake and Jesse van der Merwe
- 9 distinctions – Deena Martin.
Top 1 per cent of candidates per subject:
- Deena Martin
- Kieran Payne
- Natalie Styane
- Philip Mpofu.
Computer applications technology:
Jesse van der Merwe