Use these perimeter security tips to reduce the chances of being a victim of house break-ins.
Every week there seems to be new CCTV footage of house break-ins and related crimes circulating on social media. The videos show criminals gaining access to residents’ homes with ease, which sometimes results in fatal acts of violence.
The best way to combat such crimes and to protect yourself and your property is to ensure that your perimeter is secure, which will ward off criminals in most cases.
Clive Maher, director of SCP Security, found it extremely important to share a few tips on how to reduce the chances of you or your property being targeted by criminals. The following perimeter security tips are to be considered for better protection:
- Have a fully functioning electric fence that is connected to your alarm company’s transmitter
- Fit your gate with an anti-lift bracket; this stops criminals from lifting your gate to gain access to your home/business
- Install a guardrail on your gate motor; this reduces the ability for criminals to break your rail and open your gate manually
- Weld up or remove your pedestrian gates; these are one of the main access points used in housebreakings
- Ensure that your alarm system is active and linked to a reputable armed response company
- Get your alarm technicians to give you a remote for arming and disarming your alarm, instead of having a delay on your alarm panel.
SCP Security hopes these tips add value and comfort to your homes and businesses.
Details SCP Security control room 011 042 8701.